Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Meet Ellen Wilson, MA, LMFTA

Meet Ellen:

Hello, I'm Ellen. I have been enjoying my work with the group at Drew|Bitar, PLLC for the past several months and continue looking forward to what 2014 has to offer. 

I am a provisionally licensed marriage and family therapist in North Carolina. I have a particular interest in couple’s therapy, focusing on the family-of-origin and attachment styles of each individual. I graduated from Davidson College in 2007 and from Pfeiffer University's rigorous three-year marriage and family therapy graduate program in 2013. My intensive training included marital and family therapy, individual counseling, crisis counseling, and therapy with children and adolescents. I have worked as a therapist at the Pfeiffer Institute for Marriage and Family Therapy and at the Ronald McDonald House, both located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Before earning my graduate degree, I worked for five years at Thompson Child and Family Focus, a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility for children and adolescents.

I view therapy as a collaborative process, and strive to provide a warm, comfortable, and non-judgmental therapeutic environment. I do not strictly adhere to one therapeutic framework, but instead consider myself an eclectic therapist. I use cognitive-behavioral therapy, narrative therapy, emotion-focused therapy, and solution-focused family therapy techniques, among others. I am a believer in an attachment-based view of relationships, and believe that insight into our pasts, including our families-of-origin, can help us heal unhealthy patterns that exist in our lives today.

Please contact me at ellen@dbpsychotherapy.com or 704.351.8654 to schedule an appointment. 

-Ellen Wilson, MA, LMFTA