Monday, September 13, 2010

Daily Chaos

Daily chaos will never cease, rather than struggling against it, find your own rhythm. -10 Thoughts on Whole Living section of Whole Living Magazine, July/August 2010.

It's funny reading that. Right now I have a few different and big projects in the works. Each week I find my stress level increasing and my energy level depleting more quickly. Sound familiar? In my head I know that I cannot continue working this hard or taking this much on, but something inside me keeps pushing forward...I mean, what is the alternative?!



The alternative is finding a better balance. Every now and then, like now, I have to remind myself that it is easy to feel trapped. I somehow tend to convince myself that if I just put in an extra hour my project will be that much better and soon enough, I'm out of balance and out of rhythm. Yes, I still experience stress; however, it's how you deal with stress that is important.

Instead of fighting with the struggle of feeling overwhelmed or stressed out, move with the struggle, not against it. It's kind of like Tai Chi, although I have never once taken a class, it reminds me of what I envision Tai Chi to be like...moving and shifting perpetually in a flow and not getting stiff or caught up on one pose. For instance, find ways to integrate minutes throughout the day or set a block of time throughout the week to find replenishment and then just like a Tai Chi move, shift in a new direction.

Life is chaos.

Life is manageable.

You can achieve a rhythm. What does balance in your life look like?